Make Spring Cleaning a Breeze with these Helpful Tips.
It’s that time of year again, the air is slowly warming, people are coming out of winter hibernation, and the birds are starting to sing again. Spring is almost here, and with it, that list of chores you’ve been putting off due to cold weather. This year, tackle Spring cleaning with a few tips to help you jump start your to-do list.
1. Go room by room. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Allow yourself a week or two to get all your cleaning done so it’s not as overwhelming. Do a room or two a day to continue making progress without the pressure of getting everything done at once. This will also ensure you don’t speed through and miss hidden dirt and dust.
2. Address forgotten areas. Spring cleaning is all about deep cleaning your home, so take the time to do the tasks that you only get to a few times a year. Tasks like washing windows, cleaning out the fridge, and emptying out the junk drawer are often put off, now is the time to get them done.
3. Split up tasks. Teamwork makes the dream work, and the same can be said when it comes to cleaning your house. Make sure to include the whole family (or your roommates) to get things taken care of in a timely manner. Whether you split it up by room or by chore, this is a great way to get everyone involved and speed up the process!
4. Sort through closets + clothes. This is a great time of year to take stock of what you have in your home that’s taking up valuable space. Have each person in your home go through items like clothing, furniture, and other belongings to determine what can be donated or stored in a climate-controlled facility for the time being.
5. Include the basement + garage. Don’t forget about the lesser used areas of your house. Spaces like your basement, garage, and attic are also important and often overlooked. Spring cleaning is a great time to make more space by sorting through boxes and items you have tucked away and determining what can stay and what can go. If it’s an item you only use once or twice a year, consider a storage unit to help you declutter your rooms. This also prevents your things from damage due to dirt and dust, pests, and temperature.
6. Have fun with it. Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be miserable. It feels good to refresh your space and get rid of items you no longer need. When everyone is involved, it can be taken care of quickly and efficiently, and you’ll feel so much better when it’s done.
With these tips in mind, you’ll have a spotless space in no time. Not only is a deep clean good for your home, it’s also good for your family’s (and your guest’s) health. Removing unnecessary dirt, dust, and germs will leave you with peace of mind as you head into summer. Happy Spring cleaning, everyone!